ABOUT THE CLIENT
They believe in the world-changing power of apps and in the developers who build them. The ever-increasing complexity of these apps demanded a new platform made by developers, for developers – Syncano.
Syncano eliminates the need for backend development. Synchronize all the data in real-time, wherever it’s from, whenever it’s relevant, and whatever it looks like. Deploy scalable code to any device.
They are inventors, thinkers and dreamers. Creating modern, beautiful and innovative solutions is their passion.
They’re an international, multicultural team with offices in New York, Warsaw, and Oslo.
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you will work closely with Product Development and Engineering team to build and iterate Syncano’s core product. You will work with the team in an agile environment and you will have the ability to make a huge impact in a small but growing team! Their product is built by engineers for engineers, and they’re looking for someone that has previous experience in an engineering role for a developer tool, platform, or similar highly technical offering.
- 5+ years hand-on experience developing web client applications,
- excellent coding, designing, debugging, testing and problem solving skills,
- experience building web applications using REST services,
- must have experience developing complex, semi-thick client-side web applications,
- a solid understanding of the following concepts: modular development, functional programming, DRY, event-driven pub/sub architecture, closures,
- thorough knowledge of how client applications communicate over HTTP to services located on different web properties.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You don’t need jQuery, at all!
- experience with modern client-side libraries and application frameworks like ReactJS (preferred) or AngularJS,
- experience or familiarity with modern front-end tools like Compass, Sass, CSS frameworks, linters, JS libraries like Underscore/Lodash, Node and NPM, Grunt or Gulp, Webpack, GitHub,
- ability to create robust web applications from visual concepts, wireframes, and interactive product design sessions,
- experience with Agile development and open source projects is preferred,
- a quick learner and excellent communication skills (English and Polish).
OUR CLIENT OFFER
- working with an international team, spanning from Oslo to New York to Warsaw,
- amazing office in the center of Warsaw with a ton of space, views, a nap room and a great kitchen with unlimited fresh fruit and plentiful snacks,
- access to Fitsport card,
- possibility to work from home (on occasion or as needed),
- great company trips (their last destination was Svalbard, Norway!),
- a culture of trust, honesty and efficiency. They firmly believe in GSD (getting stuff done) with open transparency and honesty,
- access to bleeding edge hardware and software. They work with the best technologies out there.